Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker

    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner tomt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    5,483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker

    A Fukuin Pioneer? Never heard them referred to quite that way. Definitely looks like they copied some Western cosmetics...

    Back in the 90's we got a bunch of Taiwanese parts...from the Fuk Hing Electronics company...

    Fuk Hing
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker

    I've got a pair of old Fukuin/Pioneer 3-ways, and yes, they certainly do have a "western" appearance;

    DSC01479
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member electrovice1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2007
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker

    The Pioneer/Fukuin speaker line also included a series that were modeled after Altec's Bicone series. The most common was the PIM 8L which is an 8 inch bicone driver. It was often relabeled as the Lafayette SK98 and sometimes as a Hamlin's "Black Box Driver". Pioneer also made 6 and 10 inch versions of these speakers as well.

    John

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT:vintage Funkwerk speaker

    The 12s in my picture also have a mid-cone compliance. They're a very "flat" cone design, much like the WEs they appear to be styled after.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.